Oral health care contributes significantly to overall health. That is why it is essential to pay attention to the health of the teeth and gums, to the prevention of dental diseases.
Below, read more about how to keep your gums healthy and your teeth strong for a long time.
REGULAR AND DETAILED ORAL HYGIENE
Brush teeth at least twice a day, every day, is the best way to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
Proper care of oral health implies the application of primary means for maintaining oral hygiene: brushes, interdental brushes, and floss. Excipients (pastes, solutions, gels) help in the fight against caries and periodontitis. Each age brings its challenges in maintaining oral hygiene in the fight against caries and periodontitis.
It recommends starting with the hygiene of the oral cavity before the eruption of the first deciduous tooth. Moist sterile gauze should use to remove deposits from the baby’s gums and tongue at least once a day. With the eruption of the teeth, around the sixth month, their brushing begins.
Most children initially resist brushing their teeth, so it is significant to choose a toothbrush with gentle fibers and be persistent until brushing your teeth becomes a routine, like bathing.
The recommendation is that the brush is soft, with thick, evenly cut fibers and a small head so it can clean all tooth surfaces. This brush will not lead to mechanical damage to the teeth and gums.
The size of the interdental brush will be best determined and measured by the chosen dentist. A well-measured toothbrush fills the interdental space and cleanses the deposits. Chlorhexidine solutions are very successful aids in maintaining oral hygiene.
USE FLOSSING TO CLEAN YOUR TEETH.
It is hard to get to a place like the space between the teeth just by brushing. Flossing or tape can help you remove the accumulated plaque between the teeth and below the gum line (where the gums join the teeth).
Here is a simple guide to help you use flossing properly:
* Always be gentle. If you clean too aggressively, you can damage your gums.
* Separate about 45 cm of thread and wrap the ends around the finger on both hands.
* Gently hold the flossing between your thumb and forefinger.
* Gently tuck the floss between your teeth.
* Don’t forget the last tooth. Keep a steady rhythm to make sure you don’t miss a single tooth.
* If you are not sure how to clean by flossing, ask your dentist to show you an appropriate cleaning technique.
REGULAR DENTAL CHECK-UPS
Maintaining gum and dental health at home is the best way to prevent and treat gum disease, but it should never be an alternative to regular visits to the dentist and dental technician.
Go to your nha khoa uy tín tphcm dentist regularly because a specialist can notice problems with your gums and teeth before symptoms appear. The dentist can also advise you on how to treat gum disease and prevent it from getting worse.
Smokers are at higher risk of gum disease because smoking or chewing tobacco weakens the immune system, which facilitates the development of gingivitis and makes recovery more difficult. To protect the health of your teeth and gums, talk to your doctor about how you can quit smoking.
PROPER DIET FOR HEALTHY TEETH AND GUMS
The diet should be balanced, without simple sugars, divided into three main meals and two snacks. Frequent food intake is much more harmful than quantity. You need to drink a lot of fluids during the day.
The foods which give you a beautiful and healthy smile are:
* Fruits – strawberries, apples, citrus fruits, kiwis, and similar fruits contain a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin C deficiency can cause the collagen fibers in the gums to burst, making them softer and more sensitive. Strawberries are a natural toothpaste because they produce an enzyme that keeps teeth white. Apples, cauliflower, celery, and carrots are abrasive and are great for teeth whitening if consumed raw or cooked for a short time. Eat apple several times during the day, but make it moderately sour and sweet.
* Milk and yogurt – unsweetened yogurts and milk are very healthy for the teeth. Low sugar content also means fewer caries, and milk is a known source of calcium, which is the principal ingredient in bones and teeth. Scientists also believe that yogurt proteins bind to teeth and thus prevent the influence of harmful acids that act inside the oral cavity.
* Cheese – reduces acidity and balances the pH value in the mouth. To maintain the health of your teeth and gums, you need to eat rich calcium foods. That is why cheese is ideal for the end of a meal, especially for small children and people who are prone to caries and tooth erosion – provided they do not have high cholesterol. It has been proven that casein and whey proteins reduce the loss of enamel minerals, so all dairy products are high on the list of desirable foods, especially cheese.
USE FLUORIDE TOOTHPASTE
Toothpaste contains abrasives (30-50%), which are crucial in mechanical cleaning, substances to maintain consistency, humidity, detergents, foaming agents, flavorings, sweeteners, water, and preservatives. These ingredients supplement with therapeutic agents, fluorides, antiseptics, anti-calculus agents, antibiotics, vitamins, and much more.
Applying fluoride toothpaste is considered being the simplest way to prevent tooth decay. They are credited for significantly reducing the incidence of caries in developed countries around the world.
For fluoride toothpaste to show any preventive effect, it is necessary to brush teeth every day and educate children on how to clean teeth.
Source : https://www.facebook.com/dentalclinichcmc